Professional e-portfolio to comply with requirements
of transparency and university accreditation standards
Honors & Awards
Selection of academic and professional distinctions
- Emeritus Professor at The University of Texas System, Board of Regents, Austin, Texas.
- Houston Endowment Chair in Education from University of Texas at Brownsville and Houston Endowment.
- Life Member Chair of the Argentinean National Academy of Interdisciplinary Knowledge, elected by the members of the Academy, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- UNESCO and United Nations University Honorary Chair on History and Future of the University, UNITWIN and UP Program Paris, France – Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Frost Professorship Award from Florida International University, College of Education. The Frost Professorship was established to honors faculty who distinguish themselves and inspire excellence over the past five years.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Comparative and International Education Society-CIES, elected by secret vote from the CIES members.
- First Vice-President of the Latin American Group for the Improvement of Education (GULERPE) Elected by the General Conference for 15 consecutive years .
- Teaching Award (in recognition of outstanding classroom teaching at the undergraduate /graduate level), presented by FIU and the State University System of Florida, Teaching Incentive Program.
- Member of the Advisory Council of the American Regional Center of Higher Education -Cresalc- of UNESCO (A five member appointed council by the Director General).
- Honorary Degree “Al Mérito Universitario”, highest academic recognition of the Universidad de Palermo of Buenos Aires, Argentina. (Awarded by the Faculty Council).
- Honorary Presidency shared with the first woman astronaut, Valentine Tereshkova, of the Pushkin Foundation, a non-profit institution for cultural and scientific relations between Spain and Russia, Ministry of Culture.
- Honorary Member of the Advisory Council of the International Biographical Centre of England.
- Decoration Gran Cruz con Placa de Oro awarded by the Directive Council of the Latin American Association of New York.
- Gold Medal of the Organization of Iberoamerican States for Education, Science and Culture (OEI) awarded by the Assembly of Ministers of Education of Latin America and Spain.
- Doctor and Professor “Honoris Causa” of the Universidad Federal do Maranhao of San Louis, Brazil.
- Certificate of Merit for Distinguished Achievement and subject of commendation in the twelfth edition of Men of Achievement by IBC of Cambridge, England.
- Second Vice-President of the Latin American Group for Improvement of Education (GULERPE) Elected by the Assembly at Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Decoration Andrés Bello, First Class Degree, the governmental highest cultural and scientific recognition awarded by the President of Venezuela.
- Honorary Counselor of the Sociedad de Estudios de Educación, Tecnología y Comunicación, Barcelona, Spain (Elected by de General Assembly, September).
- Medal of the Bicentennial Birth of Simón Bolívar awarded by the Director General of UNESCO.
- Honorary Professor of the Universidad de Morón, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Honor Medal awarded by the Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico, Recinto Metropolitano, San Juan.
- President of the Latin American Association of Analysis and Behavior Modification. Elected by its Members for two consecutive terms.
- Academic Recognition Certificate from the Universidad Nacional Abierta at Venezuela.
- General Secretary of the VIII Congress of the Latin American Educational Group (GULERPE), Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá , Colombia.
- Decoration “Orden 27 de Junio” awarded by the President of Venezuela in recognition for contributing to Venezuelan education.
- Profesor Visitante Distinguido of the Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara and Dirección General de Educación of Jalisco State, México.
- Honor Medal awarded by the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Madrid, Spain for contributing to the development of the open higher education in Latin America.
- President of the Latin American and Caribbean Congress on New Forms of Post-Secondary Education (LACFEP), attended by 2,000 scholars from all over the world at Caracas, Venezuela and co-sponsored by the Inter-American Development Bank.
- General Secretary of the First Multinational Congress on Financing of Higher Education, sponsored by the Organization of American States (OAS) at Caracas, Venezuela.
- Delegate of the Venezuelan Government to the VI Congress of the Interamerican Council for Education, Science and Culture, Mexico City.
- Doctoral Fellowship by the Ford Foundation and University of Nebraska.
- Graduate Scholarship by the Venezuelan Government and Universidad de Oriente.
- General Secretary of the First National Congress on Counseling, elected by the National Council of Universities, Cumaná, Venezuela.
Copyright © 2008-2018 Miguel Ángel Escotet. All Rights Reserved.